Fall is such a great time of year. I love the cool crisp air, love football season(even though I am not a die hard football watcher,) love how it reminds me of falling in love, love the changing colors of leaves and there is so much more to love about fall, but one of the things I love the most is COOKING WITH PUMPKIN!
I tried two new recipes recently that I would like to share with you. The first is Pumpkin Cream Cheese dip. And then some delecious pumpkin cookies with a caramel icing that taste more like cake! Yum!
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip
- 1 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1 can pumpkin
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
This was really good served with cinnamon pita chips or graham crackers.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (I may use more next time to make them taste more pumpkiny!)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Cream shortening, white sugar and pumpkin. Add eggs and mix well. Sift together the baking soda, ground cinnamon, salt and flour. Add to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- Drop from spoon to cookie sheet. (I used an ice cream scoop) Bake 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- To Make Frosting: Cook butter, milk, and brown sugar until dissolved. Cool and add confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Spread over warm cookies.
These are OH so yummy served warm out of the oven!
- I also thought I would add a few pictures of my cuties dressed up for Halloween(a bit late, I know.) We went to a fall festival at our Church, but the girls did not last long seeing how they were tired from an already long and fun-filled day. So, I did not get a lot of pictures. But here they are..Campbell is an indian and Adeline is a monkey!
Hmm..now all I need a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte..too bad the closest one is forty-five minutes away!! And get this..my grocery stores do not carry the Pumpkin Spice Creamer! How unfortunate! But lucky for me, my mommy is coming to visit this week and promised to bring me some!! Thanks Mommy!
Have a great week!