Brian told me Saturday afternoon that we were supposed to bring something to church that night, and since my kitchen was decently clean, I did not want to make a mess! (because I do not clean on Sundays!) I had piece of this yummy caramel pie at a MOPs (mothers of preschoolers) event, and decided to give it a try. I found the recipe in a church cook book from my MIL.
- 1 can condensed milk (I used Eagle brand)
- 1 carton of cool whip (I used extra creamy..yum)
- 1 prepared pie-crust (I used chocolate graham cracker, but any flavor will do)
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Put unopened can of milk in pot of water and boil for two hours. (Yes, boil the can for two whole hours!)
2. After boiling, Pour cold water over can for 5 minutes.
3. Open can (be careful, caramel may still be hot!) and pour into pie crust.
4. Add whipped cream
5. Top with chocolate chips or any other desired topping (chocolate syrup or toffee bits would be good as well)
No fuss...no mess..just Sweet yummy Caramel Pie!
I wanted to take a picture of a slice of pie. But it was all gone once I got into the line for dessert!
Oh, and props to the hubby on the photos...He wanted to make the background to look pretty. :)