Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Date Night- Spicy Ranch Wings and Soft Pretzels

Friday night is usually the time that Brian and I try to spend special time together.  And while we never go out, I usually try to make something special, or sometimes he treats me to bringing supper home!

First, I made these soft pretzels which the recipe I found on Allrecipes.  I made some home-made cheese dip to go with it as well.  It was good, but I am not 100% thrilled with it yet, so once I tweak it a bit, I will share it as well.

I also made these Spicy Ranch wings which were very easy to make. And they are baked not fried! (Recipe at bottom)

We also enjoyed this appropriate little flick. Although a little silly(for my husband's taste), it made us laugh and we still enjoyed it.



And while this was a post about our date night, I could not resist posting a few pictures of my cuties.

She can't help it.  She wants to be just like her daddy.

I know the coloring in this one is weird, but what do u think?  Does she look like me? I'll have to scan an old picture of me soon...

Spicy Ranch Wings

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound chicken wingettes
  • 1/4 cup hot pepper sauce
  • 2 TB butter, melted
  • 1 1/2 TB cider vinegar
  • 1 envelope spicy ranch salad dressing mix (I only used half of it)
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  1. In a gallon size resealable plastic bag, combine pepper sauce, butter and vinegar.  Add Chicken wings; seal bag and toss to coat evenly.  Refrigerate 4-8 hours.
  2. Place chicken on racks in two greased baking pans.  Sprinkle with dressing mix and paprika  Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until juices run clear.
(Note: this recipe can easily doubled/tripled etc.)


Serve with ranch dressing!
 
Happy Hump Day!! 
 
Sunday is Adeline's Birthday, but all the family is coming on Saturday to celebrate.  We are looking forward to it.  I can not believe she will be one!!

2 comments:

  1. We both thought date night was HILARIOUS!!!

    Also, I'm going to have to try those wings they look SO good and Eric LOVES wings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Lizzie!! The food looks soooo good! And as always, LOVE the pics of the baby girls!!!

    ReplyDelete