Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Buttermilk Pecan Pie

I decided I wanted to try to make a buttermilk pie because my husband said it was one of his favorties, and he is not a big dessert eater.  So I searched through several recipes and decided on this one from Taste of Home because it had pecans in it.  http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Buttermilk-Pecan-Pie

I modified it a bit, but I have to say it was delicious.  And I did not even know I liked buttermilk pie, but man it was good.  It makes a great Sunday afternoon treat with coffee or great to take to a potluck supper.  I made two and stored one in the freezer for later use.  I took it last night to a Church supper and it was devoured!

Ingredients


1/2 cup butter, softened

2 cups sugar

5 eggs

2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

2 tablespoons lemon juice

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 teaspoon cinnamon (This is my added ingredient)

1 cup buttermilk

1 cup chopped pecans

1 unbaked pastry shell (10 inches) - I used two 9 inch Pillsbury pie shells

Directions

In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in flour, lemon juice, cinnamon and vanilla. Stir in buttermilk and pecans. Pour into the pie shell. Bake at 325° for 55 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. 

1 comment:

  1. YUMMMMM!! That sounds good! I might have to make that soon!

    ReplyDelete