Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Casserole Lady- Chicken Spaghetti

   So just about every Sunday, and every time I take a meal to friends, it is a casserole.  So my husband said to me today.. "Ya know, pretty soon, people are going to start calling you the Casserole Lady..and that's not a compliment."  Of course, he was just joking with me.  But I happen to love casseroles.  I love the way they taste, I love that you can make them ahead of time, love that you can make extra and have a meal frozen for later.  Casserole to me are simply comfort food. 

    So I thought I would share this recipe that we as well as our neighbors enjoyed today.  I do not have time to come home and cook up a big meal on Sunday, so I always make this casserole on Saturday, then I simply come home from church and pop it in the oven for a nice Sunday dinner. 




Chicken Spaghetti


Ingredients:

• 16 oz. box of spaghetti noodles

• 1 can cream of chicken

• 1 can cream of mushroom

• 1 cup sour cream

• 1 can chicken broth

• 2 cans rotel tomatoes with green chilies

• 1/2 cup chopped celery

• ½ cup chopped onion

• Butter

• Salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste

• 1 whole chicken- pulled apart (or 6 chicken breasts cut up)- I like to use Rotisserie Chickens from the deli

• 2 cups Italian mix shredded cheese

• 1 cup Italian bread crumbs

1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Set Aside. (Sprinkle with  about a TB of olive oil to keep the noodles from sticking)

2 Saute celery and onion with butter. (You can omit this step if you or your family is not a fan of these veggies)

3 Mix in bowl the cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, sour cream, chicken broth, tomatoes, and celery onion mixture.

4 Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, cheese, pulled chicken and spaghetti noodles to cream mixture and mix well.

5 Pour mixture into two 9x13 pan. (I usually separate mine into smaller portions, like 5x8 pans or even a loaf pan is perfect for an individual-I stick the extras in the freezer)


6 Melt a stick of butter, mix in bread crumbs and spread on top of spaghetti.



7 Bake 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.

And then my sister, Lele, made me these cute stickers to put on the meals that I take to other families.  I just love them.



Aren't they cute??


And now for you viewing pleasure...






Caught in the act....
 Someone decided her baby doll needed a bath.  (Notice she is standing on her potty)



That's all folks!

3 comments:

  1. Oh My Little Darlin!
    If I must eat a casserole I am glad to eat yours - they are always a mouthful of flavor and texture that keep me wanting for naught. Thanks for the good meal from your blessed hands and for the two wonderful children.
    -Daddy Bear

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1-Thanks for the shout out!

    2-I should probably start making A LOT of casseroles, since I have to go back to work this week.

    3-Campbell is hilarious, and Addy-Paddy is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did Lele get those great stickers!?!? I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete