Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

Sunday Dinner- Pecan Crusted Chicken

Excuse my poor photography skills, I know this isn't the prettiest dish you've ever seen, but it sure did taste good!
 Ingredients:
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 1/2 cups finely crushed pecans
  • 1 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. pepper
  • 1 TB basil
  • 2 TB chopped parsley
  • cooking spray
  • 2 egg whites
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. In a bowl, mix together crushed pecans, salt, pepper, basil and parsley.
  3. Beat two egg whites in a seperate bowl.
  4. Dip chicken breasts individually into the egg mixture and then the pecan mixture.
  5. Arrange pecan covered chicken breasts on a lightly coated (with cooking spray or oil.) aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.
  6. Bake for 20-25  minutes(or until chicken is done) on 400 degrees.
I actually made the chicken breats in advance for our "Sunday Dinner."  So that when I got home, all I had to do was stick them in then oven.  A very easy and yummy dish!  (My husband was just so glad that it was not a casserole!)

No comments:

Post a Comment