Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Pumpkin, Spice and Everything Nice

    So, it's AUTUMN...And, I just could not resist baking some sort of pumpkin delights!

Using this recipe, I made a pumpkin loaf and LOTS of mini pumpkin muffins.  They were so delish.

Pumpkin Bread

Ingredients:
  • 1 and 2/3 cups of flour
  • 1 and half cups of sugar
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
  • 1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
  • 3/4 tsp. salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 1/2 cup water
  1.  Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin spice, powder, cloves and salt.
  3. In a medium bowl, mix together eggs, pumpkin, oil and water.
  4. Add the pumpkin mixture to the dry ingredients and mix just until moistened.
  5. Pour batter into a 9x5 greased loaf pan.  Bake for 65-70 minutes.
  6. Let bread sit for about 10 minutes before removing from pan.  Then cool on wire rack.
*You can add nuts, pecans, raisens or even chocolate chips to this recipe.. I always leave it plain when taking it to others,  but it is great with toasted chopped pecans.
(Note: This recipe makes 1 pumpkin loaf)

I doubled the recipe so that I could also make some scrumptious mini muffins as well!  These mini muffins take about 15 minutes to cook.  These are great for breakfast or even an afternoon snack.  YUM!
And then I wrapped them nice to take to some friends.

And my sweet pea stole her a few as well..I mean, how could she not?



1 comment:

  1. Aww she's so pretty! And your pumpkin bread looks delicious.I saw your blog from the foodie blog roll and I like what you have here.if you won't mind I'd love to guide Foodista readers to this post.Just add the foodista widget to the end of this post and it's all set, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete