So I thought I would share this recipe that we as well as our neighbors enjoyed today. I do not have time to come home and cook up a big meal on Sunday, so I always make this casserole on Saturday, then I simply come home from church and pop it in the oven for a nice Sunday dinner.
• 16 oz. box of spaghetti noodles
• 1 can cream of chicken
• 1 can cream of mushroom
• 1 cup sour cream
• 1 can chicken broth
• 2 cans rotel tomatoes with green chilies
• 1/2 cup chopped celery
• ½ cup chopped onion
• Salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
• 1 whole chicken- pulled apart (or 6 chicken breasts cut up)- I like to use Rotisserie Chickens from the deli
• 2 cups Italian mix shredded cheese
• 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Set Aside. (Sprinkle with about a TB of olive oil to keep the noodles from sticking)
2 Saute celery and onion with butter. (You can omit this step if you or your family is not a fan of these veggies)
3 Mix in bowl the cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, sour cream, chicken broth, tomatoes, and celery onion mixture.
4 Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, cheese, pulled chicken and spaghetti noodles to cream mixture and mix well.
5 Pour mixture into two 9x13 pan. (I usually separate mine into smaller portions, like 5x8 pans or even a loaf pan is perfect for an individual-I stick the extras in the freezer)
6 Melt a stick of butter, mix in bread crumbs and spread on top of spaghetti.
7 Bake 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
And then my sister, Lele, made me these cute stickers to put on the meals that I take to other families. I just love them.
Aren't they cute??
And now for you viewing pleasure...
Caught in the act....
That's all folks!