This soup is so easy! You basically just toss a few cans in a pot and you are done, no mess at all!
- 2 cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can chili beans, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can beef broth (or water)- more or less depending on how "soupy" you want it
- 1 packet dry Ranch
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 lb. ground beef (optional)
2. Pour tomatoes, corn, beans and broth into a stock pot. Then add Ranch and taco seasoings. Turn stove on low.
3. Add ground beef to soup mixture. Continue to cook for 2 hours. (I think the longer it cooks the better, but you do not have to cook it that long...just until everything is warmed up.)
Perfect on a cool autumn day!
Also good topped with shredded cheese, sour cream and corn chips!
I also love anything apple and wanted to try something new for dessert tonight. So we had "mini fried apple pies," and they were OH! so good!
This recipe makes about 4 or 5 mini pies. You can double it very easily. But this was just perfect for our little family. (p.s.- mine got a little crispy-but that actually made them even more delecious!)
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and sliced into chunks
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg (optional)- This gives it a little extra kick!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup of water (or more)
- 1/2 oil
2. Sift flour and salt together. Cut in the shortening. Add water and mix with fork.
3. Roll out to about 1/8 inch thick on a floured board. Cut with a large cookie cutter or large glass. (I used the lid of a mason jar.)
4. In each round, place about 1 tablespoon of apple mixture. Moisten edges with cold water, fold and press edge with a fork.
5. Heat oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Fry pies, a few at a time, 2 to 3 minutes on each side; cook until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture or confectioners sugar.
On a fun note, we are going to "Sissy's house" tomorrow. Campbell is beyond excited, she loves going to Sissy's house. I will be getting to see many of my closest friends this weekend. First I get to see long time neighbor and friend, Lar Lar.
Then, I will be getting to see my good friend, Becky, and I am so excited about meeting her baby girl, Lily Grace. I will also be getting to see my long time friend, Starr, who now lives in Washington, D.C.
Shoud be a very fun weekend! Thank goodness for GRANDMAS! Just wish both mine lived closer!
Have a good one!